I kicked, I screamed, I said NO! about 100 times. I didn’t want a minivan. Who does?! Who wants to drive a clunky long BOAT around town? A vehicle that screams “I have a million kids!” Okay, maybe not a million but a lot! But guess what? It’s not a boat and it’s not clunky.
Well, two years later and my friends oh.em.gee, it’s been perfection. It’s especially great if you have a minivan with all the bells and whistles one could ever ask for like the 2016 Kia Sedona SXL has.
But for real. Having a minivan has been a dream and I’m here to tell you why.
1) The kids are so far away! I swear to the heavens above I have to say “I can’t hear you!” about 100 times during a car ride when my kids try to talk to me. That makes talking to your spouse so much easier because you can just pretend you don’t hear your kids. Which like I said, you can’t anyway. The space is incredible! Pair that with a DVD player and headphones and you’re golden! Hello, adult conversation.
2) Makes school car line easier. When you have luxurious seats that give your family exactly what you need it makes life easier. For the longest time I was getting yelled at in the school car line because I would have my kids getting out on the driver-side of the car. I had to because I have my son rear facing in his car seat on the passenger side. I prefer that side so I can see him in my mirror. I wasn’t going to compromise that so I would get out every single time with my girls and protect them while they walked beside the car to the sidewalk. Well gone are those days because the Kia Sedona lets you customize the seats to your needs. Just take a look at my quick car line pick-up routine now. In and out on the passenger side in less than 20 seconds. Everyone is safe and happier now.
3) It holds a lot of crap. For real. You have kids, you will have a lot of crap to haul around. And let’s be honest, it’s not even yours, it’s all of THEIR stuff. It starts when they are babies and it never goes away. Having a minivan gives you the freedom to get what you need to get without the worry of space. The Sedona’s first-in-class available Slide-N-Stow® seating lets you easily fold the second row upright while the third row conveniently stows under the floor—giving you ample space without removing any seats! It’s downright out of this world. We just moved and I was able to load up the minivan with some extras then quickly drop the seats back into position, pop the car seats back in and I was ready to rock and roll. Super simple and again, with so much space I was able to get A LOT of stuff back there.
4) It’s really not that big. A minivan is definitely not your 12-passenger-van so relax. It’s not hard to drive but if you’re like me, it can be tricky to park. Seriously, I’ve had to do a few crazy maneuvers into a parking space before. In the Sedona SXL you get standard “Sonar sensors” which are in the front and rear bumpers to warn you of obstacles when getting into tight spaces to make parking more secure and hassle-free. The Surround View Monitor system offers a near all-around view in several viewing mode displayed on the Navigation monitor. Displaying real-time images from four cameras, the Surround View Monitor provides a virtual ‘bird’s eye’ view, affording maximum convenience for parking and low-speed maneuvers. Look how cool it is.
Never worry about being too close to another vehicle or if you parked straight again!
5) Because it’s awesome. You just need a minivan. Get over your fear. You aren’t some washed up old lady because you drive a minivan. Getting your kids comfortably and safely in a vehicle is all that matters. You can get your entire family and everything they bring along for the ride in style, even if it’s a minivan. I will never go back to a sedan. Ever. My husband has a Kia Forte and that’s awesome for him. He loves it but even if I am running to the store alone I prefer to take the Sedona because I never know what may end up hopping in the shopping cart while I’m at Target. I have to be prepared for these sort of accidents, ya know.
Want a more “official” review of the 2016 Kia Sedona SXL? Stick around, I’ll have that in the coming weeks.