Disclosure: I partnered with Gift Card Mall to bring you this creative and fun post. All opinions are my own unless noted otherwise.
I love to celebrate milestones in my children’s lives. Not in a way that gives them something for nothing but REAL milestones. This week my oldest started middle school. 5th grade was a hard year for her and she worked her hardest to pull it off. She even chose to do the voluntary summer reading school to help with her reading/language arts (her hardest subjects). I’m proud of her and that she worked so hard to graduate to 6th grade. She knows it only gets harder from here on out so she’s already committed to giving up some things in order to help dedicate more time to her studies.
I think she still needs to be a kid though so for the first time ever we’re rewarding her with an XBOX LIVE Membership. We hold back and don’t give our kid’s access to a lot on the internet so XBOX LIVE has always been one of those “off limits” areas. She’s growing up though and it was a perfect time to give her a membership. We are starting out slow with 3-months of GOLD before we decide if she’ll continue to use it.
Of course, I needed a nifty way of giving her gift card to her so I crafted up this DIY Xbox Gift Card Holder using my Cricut Explore Air.
DIY Xbox Gift Card Holder
What you’ll need:
- Cricut Explore Air
- A 12″x24″ Standard Grip Cutting Mat
- Cardstock – Black, white, green, blue, yellow, red – I use Recollections cardstock because it’s heavy-duty and cuts clean
- Glue – My favorite is Tombow Liquid Glue because it dries crazy fast and the dual tipis perfect for almost all projects.
- 3M Foam Mounting Tape – This thicker tape is needed to create the housing area for the gift card. (not pictured)
- XBOX LIVE Gold Membership gift card
Let’s get started:
Download the XBOX Controller SVG cut file here. Unzip the folder, open and save the SVG file in Cricut Design Space.
Remember, PIN before you leave so you can come back and craft once you receive your gift card! Click here or the image below to repin.