I hope you aren’t tired of my Little Charmers post because I have a very special treat for you today.
While Kendall, my 5-year-old, was watching some of the newest episodes of Little Charmers, I threw together a little snack mix for her that I’ve named: CHARMERS CHOW, cute right? haha. It’s usually called Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddy depending on where you live.
The recipe is pretty simple so you won’t need magic to whip this together in no time flat. It’s cereal, chocolate, and powdered sugar – That’s it, but it’s sooo good you almost can’t stop eating it!
- 8 Cups Chex cereal, Rice.
- 1½ Cups Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ tsp Food Coloring Gel (each in Violet, Royal Blue, & Rose)
- Evenly divide cereal into 3 bowls.
- In a separate smaller bowl, melt chocolate chips, vanilla, and cream for 30 seconds, stir, then heat again for 15 seconds. Continue in 15-second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Divide chocolate into 2 other bowls leaving you with 3 bowls of chocolate.
- Add ⅛ tsp Food Coloring Gel to each bowl and mix well. You should have 1 bowl purple, 1 bowl blue, 1 bowl pink chocolate. If you use regular food coloring, add enough drops of color until you get your desired color. That should be about 8-10 drops.
- Pour 1 bowl of colored chocolate onto 1 bowl of cereal and gently mix until cereal is fully coated. Take care not to break the cereal as you are mixing.
Repetewith other colors.
- Pour cereal into a large
ziplocplastic bag and add powdered sugar, close bag then shake until everything is evenly coated. Optional: Pour cereal into a colander/strainer to shake off excess powdered sugar.
- Combine colored cereals into 1 big bowl and enjoy!
Pin for later!