Living in Central Florida, it’s hard to get into the holiday spirit because Mother Nature doesn’t realize it’s supposed to be cold. Hard to think Merry Christmas when it’s 80* out. Luckily, we have events around town that help us out like Christmas and ICE! at Gaylord Palms.
Disclosure: My family was invited to experience ICE! as media personnel for the purpose of this honest review. No monetary compensation was received. All opinions are my own.
Cirque Dreams Unwrapped
You will be dazzled by an array of seasonal characters brought to life in a dreamscape of imaginative costumes and creativity, while stunning feats of showmanship are performed on stage and in the air, leaving the entire family on the edge of their seats.
Christmas tree lighting ceremony
Just before the Cirque Dreams performance you can watch the famous Orlando Christmas tree lighting ceremony (nightly at 6:15 pm), complete with Christmas carolers, lights, and of course, the star of the show, the massive 54-foot-tall Majestic Christmas Tree! It towers over the St. Augustine atrium waiting for the special moment to light up and cast holiday cheer to the guests on hand to witness it in all its glory.
The main attraction is of course ICE! featuring ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas! From now until January 3, 2016 this is one attraction everyone will be talking about.
Other Fun Events:
- Alpine Rush Snow Tubing – Come visit the Alpine Village and zoom down an eight-lane 18′ tubing hill that’s fun for all ages and covered in REAL SNOW! Double riding tubes are available for parents with small children. this year my 5-year-old was able to ride alone for the first time! She had a blast and wanted to go down over and over again!
- The Elf on the Shelf® Scavenger Hunt – Ignite your inner sleuth and takes a journey throughout the holiday-clad hotel. You and your family will follow clues and scan the hotel to spot the 10 scout elves who have landed at Gaylord Palms. By solving puzzles and finding all of the elves, you will reveal the elves’ names so they can report back to Santa. All families that completes the scavenger hunt will win a special prize!
- Build-A-Bear Workshop – This pop-up shop is a place where guests can create their very own personalized furry friends and will feature the same experiences offered at other Build-A-Bear Workshop stores throughout the country. Choose from an array of animals and characters, including faces featured in some of the season’s most popular movies, including Star Wars. Watch them come to life at the signature stuffer and add accessories, clothing and more, including an exclusive, furry friend-sized “Christmas at Gaylord Palms” T-shirt to commemorate your visit.
- Gingerbread Decorating Corner sponsored by PEEPS® – This fun, sticky, interactive decorating tradition just got a whole lot sweeter! Choose from two different design options to create either a delectable gingerbread cookie family or a complete gingerbread house. After you’ve decorated to your heart’s content, make your way to meet our gingerbread man for a heartwarming hug you can capture with your own camera.
- Breakfast with Mrs. Claus – Enjoy breakfast with the mother of the North Pole herself, Mrs. Claus. Joined by some of her top elves this character breakfast is sure to get you in the holiday spirit, and who knows she may even put in a good word with the big guy himself!
- Photos With Santa – Come meet the big guy himself up until Christmas Eve and tell him what’s on your Christmas list! Photo packages available through Noerr.
Have you ever been to ICE! before?
Purchase your tickets now to experience this chilly one of a kind event!
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
6000 West Osceola Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34746