Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Carbonell blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here
We may be a different family on the block because we like bold and different flavors during the holidays, not just sweet baked goods. Savory foods such as a good honey ham, rosemary turkey or even this Thai Garlic Shrimp recipe is the way to go when it comes to dinner.
Start by mixing the last 6 ingredients together in a small shallow bowl and set aside. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Sauté the garlic and green onions for just a few minutes until both become soft. It doesn’t take long, maybe 3-4 minutes.
Add the pre-cooked shrimp to the pan and stir to cover with oil. Cooking should only take a few minutes because we’re just wanting the shrimp to be heated through since it’s already pre-cooked.
Pour the ketchup mixture over the shrimp, stir, and let sauce thicken about 2-3 minutes.
When it’s done you serve over rice and you have a delicious meal everyone will devour in minutes. The best part, of course, is the Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil offering a delicate light flavor to a mix of already amazing list of ingredients.
- 12 ounces of cooked shrimp, tails off
- 2 Tablespoons Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ¼ green onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstartch
- 4-5 teaspoons water
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- Combine last 6 ingredients in small bowl. Mix together well.
- In a medium frying pan heat Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic and green onions, cook until garlic is cooked, careful not to burn the garlic.
- Cut tails off of shrimp and then carefully, place (precooked) shrimp into pan. Stir to cover with the oil then heat through.
- Pour ketchup mixture into the pan to coat the shrimp. Cook until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Since 1866, Carbonell Olive Oil has embodied the spirit of art, culture, food, family, and friends with their high quality olive oil. Today, Carbonell is the world’s leading Spanish olive oil brand, and has three distinct varieties each suited to a different cooking need:
- Daringly Expressive Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a rich taste and smooth flavor that will make any dish pop with Spanish personality. Use Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil for salads, dips, marinades and drizzling over finished dishes.
- Fantastically Light Extra Light Olive Oil has a light taste that’s perfect for high-heat cooking such as frying, sautéing, and baking.
- Distinctly Classic Olive Oil has a traditional flavor that serves as an all-purpose cooking oil, adding a mild flavor to soups, sauces and grilled meats and vegetables.