Overnight French Toast
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Aluminum Foil
- 8 slices French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- ¼ cup almonds
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- maple syrup (optional)
- 8 small silicone (or clay) flower pots
- In a small bowl add 2 tsp cinnamon, melted butter, and the brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl put cubed bread and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Bowl #3 – mix milk, honey, and beaten eggs.
- Pour milk mixture over bread. Stir. Once combined stir in brown sugar mixture.
- Tear off a sheet of Aluminum Foil once you see that it will completely cover the flower pot.
- Invert the flower pot and with your fingers inside the pot go around the outside the pot, folding down the aluminum foil to flatten.
- Flip the pot over and take your now molded sheet of foil and drop it in the inside of the pot! It should fit pretty close to perfectly. Leave the extra hanging over the pot.
- Spray the inside of the foil with non-stick oil spray. Add your bread mixture inside the foil and top with sliced almonds (if desired).
- Close up your flower pots with the extra foil (or petals as my girls call them). Refrigerate for overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° and bake for approximately 50 minutes. Open the “foil petals” and bake an additional 5 minutes to crisp up the top.
- Let cool then top with maple syrup!
If you don’t have the flower pots you could easily just line a muffin tin with foil and bake according to the directions as follows.