Grilling From Start To Finish

This week I’m using Aluminum Foil to show you how this versatile product can help you cook 3 different foods for a complete meal. We’re making hamburgers, corn on the cob and a yummy Banana Boat dessert – all with the help of Aluminum Foil!

Using an aluminum foil packet for your hamburgers will help you retain the juice in your burger so each bite is as tasty as the first. Place each patty on an individual small square of Reynolds Foil (I add a couple of rings of onion on top of my patty). Pull up both sides of the foil and bring them together in the center. Fold them down twice and then fold up the sides toward the center to create a packet, leaving some room inside for air to circulate. After about 4-5 minutes on each side you will have the most perfectly juicy burger thanks to Aluminum Foil!

No grilling meal is complete without corn on the cob and Aluminum Foil helps with that too. Tear off a generous size piece of foil and place the corn in the middle of the foil. Rub the corn with butter and sprinkle with salt and any other seasonings. Now just wrap up the corn and to the grill they go. Roll the ears occasionally to make sure that they cook evenly. After about 10 minutes, stick a fork through the foil to test for doneness. Fork check in more than one spot, since cooking can be uneven. Kernels will be soft when the corn is done. Remove from grill and cool a bit.Take foil off and eat. You’ll have moist, buttery grilled corn.

After our yummy grilled meal it’s time for dessert and you guessed it we use Aluminum Foil again! We’re making Banana Boats! You’ll need mini marshmallows, milk chocolate chips, and unpeeled bananas.

Cut a slit lengthwise about two-thirds of the way through the banana from the stem to the base. Carefully lift the banana peel back. Push some mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips right on top of the banana and then close the banana back up with the peel. Wrap the banana tightly with your Aluminum Foil. Place the bananas right on the grill for about 5-8 minutes. You are left with ooey-goey goodness that the whole family with devour within seconds.

So there you have it. Dinner from start to finish using with just your grill and Aluminum Foil!

signature

Comments

1. says

I can’t wait to move somewhere warmer where we can grill out all year round. Right now we’re limited to probably April to ‘maybe’ October. It’s just too cold otherwise!

2. says

That’s an interesting take on the banana – can’t wait ’til it is warm enough to fire up the grill.

3. Tammy S says

I can’t wait until the weather is nice enough to try the Banana Boat recipe. Looks great!

4. Janet W. says

All this talk about grilling is making me look forward to the warmer weather!!

5. says

I voted for you and asked a question, too! I want to cook outside as much as possible this summer, but it’s something very new to me, I’ve never done it myself. I want to learn what else I can grill besides chicken, burgers and hotdogs.

• Double Duty Mommy says

Jennifer – Thanks for the vote. You can do fish, veggies, fruits. SO much!

• Double Duty Mommy says

p.s. I just noticed they have a “ask me anything” box… ummm I have NO idea where those questions are going because they are not to me directly. lol

6. says

I like their parchment paper and waxed paper, but I don’t allow aluminum to come in contact with my food. That is dangerous and allows aluminum to leech into the food.

• Donna says

I don’t use foil on the grill, but I do use it to wrap ears of corn and baked potatoes. My mom always did and so do I… it may be too late for me, since I’ve had years of aluminum leeching into my food, but I’ll stop doing it to my son’s food. :)

• Double Duty Mommy says

Aluminum is a very safe material. As you may know, the U. S. Food and Drug Administration considers aluminum to be Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) as a food contact/packaging material. In addition, numerous aluminum compounds are approved for use in food and medicinal applications.

On very rare occasions aluminum foil may form small pinholes when in contact with salt, vinegar, highly acidic or spiced foods. Contact with dissimilar metals like sterling silver or silver-plated trays, stainless steel or iron utensils can also cause this reaction.

This may occur with any brand or weight of foil and does not affect the safety of the food. The product of either of these reactions is a harmless, nontoxic aluminum salt that can be safely consumed. Some aluminum salts are used to compound medicines for the treatment of stomach disorders. The food can be safety eaten; however, the aluminum salt particles can be removed to improve appearance.