Finding Girl’s Time

guestpost

With two kids to take care of and my husband’s crazy up and down work schedule I find myself stuck at home most nights. Finding time for a girl’s night out often becomes too stressful to even want to deal with. Everyone’s husband’s work schedule and babysitting schedule has to be just right for me and my girlfriends to have even an hour out to ourselves. But that’s just it. Once we drive there, wait for our food, and counting the drive home we end up with barely any time actually having fun and catching up on the recent gossip.

Girls Night Out

Ladbrokes bingo recently revealed a survey about girls night outs and this got me thinking. According to the survey (of 2000 woman) 69% said they’d prefer a night in with the girls rather than out. I think I would have to say I would be a part of that 69% if I were asked the same question. Why? Well here are some benefits to consider if you aren’t convinced.

• You Save Money: There is no club cover charge, overpriced shots, or food, no parking charges, ect.
  • You Can Dress How You Want: I mean really, you can dress super comfy around your friends and not have to worry about weird stares… unless you show up in footie pajamas.
  • No Long Lines: With only a few of you hanging out you don’t have to deal with a disgusting public bathroom and the ridiculous lines that come with the territory of being in a bar/club.
  • No Long Lines: Yes, again. No lines at the bar this time. Everyone can bring some wine or liquor or whatever.
  • Have Your Own Conversation: You can talk freely about whatever you gals want without it going falling in the wrong ears.

If you think all you can do is sit around the table and chit-chat all night I have some great ideas or themes if you will.

1. Karaoke Night
  2. Movie Night
  3. Spa Night
  4. Baking Night

So what say you. Do you prefer a Girls Night Out or have I made you think a Girls Night IN is a much better option?

Disclosure: This is a partnered guest post.

signature

Comments

1. Anel says

Even though my friends and I tend to plan Girls Night Out, we always end up staying in. This gives us time to relax, wear comfy clothes, watch a movie, engage in a conversation and , as you stated, it’s way better for our pockets!

2. says

I think both can be fun!! Sometimes I prefer to go out to dinner with friends and other times it’s nice to stay in and have some fun

3. says

I would love a Girls Night In… problem is, In where?? All of us have kids, our homes aint conducive for hanging out in.

4. says

I guess I prefer to go out, just because I’m home all day – and then usually when I do go out with girl friends, it’s during the day, not in the evening.

5. says

I really love both! I am a homebody by nature now that my partying days are long gone but the occasional evening out with ladies I love is so soul cleansing!

6. says

I have my girl time once a week–I meet my bestie and her sister for lunch in our downtown area. We usually end up at the MAC counter at Nordstrom, too. As far as going out, I like dinner and adult conversation at a private home but dinner out is fun, too. My friends have never been the bar/club types so we never do that, like ever.

7. Ashley S says

I like going out but since we moved, I’ve had a hard time finding new friends. I’m a stay at home mom and don’t get out much!

• says

I can totally relate to what you’re saying. I moved to Florida and all my friends from school are back in Vegas. I found blogging friends by going to local blog/media events but before that it was so hard.

8. says

I’d rather a girls’ night in too. I still get together once a month with my girls from HS. We do pot luck and everyone brings what they want to drink. It’s low key, we can actually finish a conversation, and not break the bank. If we do an outing we prefer brining lunch to the vineyards or picnic at the beach. We can still hear each other, catch up, and relax. I’m with the 69%. Great post!

9. says

I love a girls’ night in. I still get together with 6 of my HS girlfriends about once a month. We do pot luck and everyone brings what they want to drink. Every couple of months we even do a crazy day with all 9 of our kids together. It’s so important to have time for yourselves though and be able to finish one conversation you start. We’ve tried doing it out and it’s like you said loud, expensive and we usually regret that decision somewhat immediately. When we do a trip out now we’ve started bringing lunch to the vineyards or picnics at the beach, more low key. It’s still less expensive, we can hear each other, and converse and still relax. Good topic for a post. I’d agree with the 69% too!