With two kids to take care of and my husband’s crazy up and down work schedule I find myself stuck at home most nights. Finding time for a girl’s night out often becomes too stressful to even want to deal with. Everyone’s husband’s work schedule and babysitting schedule has to be just right for me and my girlfriends to have even an hour out to ourselves. But that’s just it. Once we drive there, wait for our food, and counting the drive home we end up with barely any time actually having fun and catching up on the recent gossip.
Ladbrokes bingo recently revealed a survey about girls night outs and this got me thinking. According to the survey (of 2000 woman) 69% said they’d prefer a night in with the girls rather than out. I think I would have to say I would be a part of that 69% if I were asked the same question. Why? Well here are some benefits to consider if you aren’t convinced.
- You Save Money: There is no club cover charge, overpriced shots, or food, no parking charges, ect.
- You Can Dress How You Want: I mean really, you can dress super comfy around your friends and not have to worry about weird stares… unless you show up in footie pajamas.
- No Long Lines: With only a few of you hanging out you don’t have to deal with a disgusting public bathroom and the ridiculous lines that come with the territory of being in a bar/club.
- No Long Lines: Yes, again. No lines at the bar this time. Everyone can bring some wine or liquor or whatever.
- Have Your Own Conversation: You can talk freely about whatever you gals want without it going falling in the wrong ears.
If you think all you can do is sit around the table and chit-chat all night I have some great ideas or themes if you will.
- Karaoke Night
- Movie Night
- Spa Night
- Baking Night
So what say you. Do you prefer a Girls Night Out or have I made you think a Girls Night IN is a much better option?
Disclosure: This is a partnered guest post.