Fall is officially in the air. Even though I’m in Florida I can feel the difference outside and I am starting to see the leaves changing all around me. It’s my favorite time of the year because the smells of nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon fill every space possible and stores are decorated in deep browns, oranges, and yellows. I just love everything about Fall.
To to my family get into the Fall spirit I wanted to bake them up something. First I had to take a trip to World Market to shop their gourmet food area.
Of course I can’t pass up the amazing decor items (with even better price tags attached to them) that I come across like this adorable hedge hog, stackable mugs or candles!
I spent about two hours in the store on this particular day which is not out of the norm. for me. World Market carries such a vast selection of products that it’s not hard to spend hours just walking around and taking it all in. Even if you’ve shopped there before the next time you go back you will find new and eye catching items that make you stay and come back again and again.
Using the World Market Organic spices, and Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin and other ingredients (recipe below) I made Iced Pumpkin Cookies. The nutmeg, ground cloves, and cinnamon spices filled the air and made the whole house smell like Thanksgiving day.
(Black Trilogy Square Salad Plate, Dark Amber Fringe napkin, Red Khadi napkin)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the ½ cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies. To glaze you can either drizzle glaze with fork or just dip the top of the cookies down in the glaze like I do.
- To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.
Speaking of World Market they are currently having an HGTV Passport to Style Sweepstakes where you could win a $10,000 World Market shopping spree! I love following the World Market Twitter page and World Market Facebook page for news, updates, and special promos so be sure to go like them and follow them!
There are prizes to be won!!
HGTV Passport to Style Sweepstakes:
- Grand Prize package includes: A $10,000 World Market shopping spree and design consultation with an HGTV Designer
- There will also be 3 runner up prize winners that will each receive a $1,000 World Market gift card!
- The HGTV Sweepstakes runs from September 22, 2012 until October 26, 2012.
- If you share the sweepstakes with 5 of your friends (via FB share or email) you can receive 5 additional bonus entries. This is part of the registration process when entering. Users can also enter daily for more chances to win.
- Enter online at WORLDMARKETSWEEPSTAKES.COM or FACEBOOK.COM/WORLDMARKET
Now if you excuse me… I also visited this section at World Market and I need some mommy time 🙂
Disclosure: This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™, but all my opinions are my own, but all my opinions are my own.