Ready for something Orlando has never seen before? Make sure you visit the Wyndham Orlando on International Drive and Sandlake Road in March 2013!
As part of a $80 million dollar re-imagination, further establishing its landmark location on the world-renowned International Drive and bringing an unprecedented resort concept to Orlando.
As part of the revitalization of International Drive, ownership has initiated dynamic enhancements at Wyndham Orlando Resort taking place throughout the remainder of 2012, with anticipated completion in May 2013. Guests will see a complete refurbishment and upgrade to all 613 guest rooms and suites which will showcase modern resort-chic décor; a dramatic sense of arrival with a meandering pathway leading to a grand porte-cochére; and an expansive, newly constructed lobby and conference center.
The new building will contain modern glass features and fixtures, overlooking an expanded immaculately manicured Grand Lawn providing the resort maximum versatility for outdoor events; ultra-contemporary lobby bar and technology lounge; expanded conference center, creating 60,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space equipped with state-of-the-art technology; improved facility connectivity with rerouted roads and sidewalks; and a host of new dining and shopping options through the creation of the adjoining I-Shops.
I was recently at the Wyndham Orlando and I got to enjoy the Gatorville Poolside Bar & Grille. Chef Patrick whipped up some amazing appetizers, entrees and of course dessert for some local bloggers!
The developments are expected to help bring International Drive back to its place as the epicenter of excitement and entertainment.
- The addition of an estimated 25,000 sq. ft. of new, highly flexible function space, for a total of 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space;
- State-of-the-art communications, Master Antenna Television system (MATV) and internet systems throughout resort;
- Complete floor-to-ceiling remodel of all guest rooms and suites with resort-chic décor package;
- An enhanced arrival experience, showcasing an expansive new-build, modern lobby;
- Redesigned roads and walkways to improve traffic flow and enhance pedestrian connectivity;
- And the addition of surrounding I-Shops restaurants and retail shops to the resort grounds, creating more diverse dining and shopping experiences
Disclosure: I was invited to Wyndham Resort to enjoy a night out at Gatorville. No other monetary compensation was received. All opinions are my very own.