Visitors to Orlando will have another reason to celebrate this 4th of July and summer, as Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek presents “SummerBlast!,” now through Sept. 4, 2012. This summer-long schedule of special events, activities and programs celebrates 104 days of summer vacation.
The SummerBlast! program is for guests of Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, conveniently located inside the gates of Walt Disney World® Resort. The summer-long schedule for SummerBlast! includes ongoing events, as well as special activities throughout the season.
We recently enjoyed a couple of days at the resort and had an amazing time. From the hotel, to the staff, to the food; everything was beyond perfect.
When you stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek make sure you get the “Disney View”. It’s absolutely breathtaking looking out of the window. I was even able to see the Mickey Hat and Tower of Terror from Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the distance, good thing I had a long zoom lens so I could capture it.
- SummerBlast! Pool Parties: Celebrate summer in style! Join the crew for the summer’s hottest hits, Orlando-inspired games, and special prizes! [Saturdays: June 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, Aug. 4, 11, 18, 25 Sept. 1]; weather permitting.
- Ducktona 500- The Great Summer Blast! Duck Race:You’ve got to see this to appreciate it! Guests can “adopt” a rubber duck during our race around the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek lazy river pool! Winners will draw a special prize, which could include a return weekend stay at the resort! [Saturdays: June 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28, Aug. 4, 11, 18, 25 Sept. 1; weather permitting.]
- SummerBlast! Dive-In Movie Nights: End the night with a family movie on our big screen, located poolside. Grab a lounge chair or relax while floating inside the pool. [Nightly, weather permitting; June 1- Sept. 5]
- SummerBlast! Arts and Crafts: Kids love to bring home souvenirs, and the recreation team will be ready to help them make something special to remember their visit. Projects could include: Beach Bag Art, Treasure Box Creation, T-shirt Design, Color Me Bears, Backpack Art, Florida Gecko Craft, and Animal Art. [Arts and Crafts sessions vary daily, weather permitting. See schedule for exact activities and times – there is a fee for arts and crafts sessions.]
- SummerBlast! Pool Activities: Our recreation team is ready to rock, making your summer a blast, with a full schedule including activities like mini-football games, water basketball, float races, Marco Polo, candy bingo, beach ball dodge ball, H20 Pac Man, line dance fun, hula hoop games, pool relay games, line dance fun, float races, etc. [Activities vary daily, weather permitting. See schedule for exact events and times]
- Cupcake Crazy: On Friday evenings after check in, join our team in the lobby for an opportunity to decorate your own cupcake. It’s like edible arts and crafts! Don’t forget to take a picture to post on Facebook! [Fridays: June 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27, August 3, 10 17, 24, 31]
- Poolside Barbecue: Join us as we crank up the barbecue poolside with your favorite summertime favorites available hot off the grill, including a selection of gourmet hot dogs! [Weather permitting. See schedule for exact times]
- S’mores: Gather around the fire pit and roast your own marshmallows, and make the perfect s’mores! [weather permitting.]
Guests can save up to 20% with our Great Getaway rates from $129 per night.
To make a reservation, please visit www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/summerblast , or call 888-353-2013.
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek offers the best of both worlds: a convenient “insider” location accessible from within Walt Disney World property and the peaceful serenity of the surrounding 482-acre nature preserve. Resort amenities include 1,000 elegantly appointed rooms and suites, a 3-acre Florida-style lazy-river pool, a Rees Jones-designed championship golf course, a luxe spa by Guerlain, a full fitness center, and nearly a dozen dining and lounge options, including the award-winning La Luce by Donna Scala.
Disclosure: We were invited to stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Additionally, we were provided food, and the SummerBlast events at no cost. No other monetary compensation was received. All opinions are my own.