You may have associated Contours with Kolcraft in the past but now Contours is their own brand. I already have a couple of the Contours products so I am excited to see Contours growing. As a mom of two kids (and planning a 3rd) I have tried to keep my eye on a functional double stroller. Then I saw the new Contours Options LT Tandem Stroller that came out last month (not to be confused with the original Options Tandem) and knew I just had to have it and share it with you!
One reason we never bought a double stroller was how bulky, heavy, and hard to fold they all were but not the Options LT! It’s (relatively) light at just 33 1/2 lbs. If you know double strollers you know that is light! You get so much in this awesome package – two seats that can face mommy and daddy, face out to explore the world, or even face one another so your kids can share secrets with one another! Plus, you can fold the stroller with BOTH seats still on.
- Lightweight design – only 33.8 lbs. with both seats on
- Six different seating options: children can both face you, face each other, face forward, sit back to back, or you can use the stroller with just the front seat (& extra storage space in the back), or use with some of the most popular infant car seats
- Includes one infant car seat adapter that accommodates many infant car seats, including select models from Britax®, Chicco®, Combi®, Cosco®, Evenflo®, Graco®, Maxi-Cosi®
- Folds easily with both seats on
- Never-flat 8” front wheels and 10” rear wheels
- Front-wheel suspension system provides a smooth ride and easy maneuverability
- Accommodates one or two infants/children up to 40 lbs. each (80 lbs. total)
- Independent reclining seats with canopies, adjustable leg rests, and a child napper bar that rotates and removes for easy access
- Stadium style seating for a better view from both seats
- Each seat has a height-adjustable 5-point safety harness and includes an infant headrest to protect little heads
- Adjustable parent cup holder that flexes to accommodate large or small drinks
- The auto-lock and convenient Free-Stand™ allows the stroller to easily stand upright when folded
- Extra-large storage basket holds everyone’s gear
- One-year manufacturer warranty
Re-positioning the seats if so quick and simple. Just a light press of the red buttons of the either side of the seat will let it release, lift, and you can turn it around. One thing I don’t like about the front seat in the parent facing position is that you cannot adjust the foot rest. The foot rest button is snug against the side of the stroller so there is absolutely no way to get your fingers in between to push the button. I wish this feature would be improved a bit.
Beside the 5 different seat positions you can also have two car seats (one car seat adapter comes with the purchase of the stroller. An extra adapter is available for purchase separately) on at the same time. Over 20 different brands of infant car seats can be used with the adapter so I’m sure you can find the seat that will attach safely to the Contours Options LT Tandem.
Makenna is a bit too big (not by weight) for this stroller but for long days at Disney we do have both seats on. But using it just for Kendall is great because of the huge storage basket. My husband and I will be completely sold on a stroller until we see a tiny basket but no worries with the Contours Options LT Tandem! Going shopping at the mall, going to a resort pool, or if you had to walk everywhere to run your errands this double stroller is perfect to hold all your goods. So don’t pass up this stroller even if you only have one child because it’s great.
As you can see I have our huge tote style diaper bag pushed all the way to the front and we still have lots of space for blankets, sweaters, toys, shopping bags, ect!
As you can see in the notes of the pictures I do dislike a couple of things on this stroller. Another thing not mentioned earlier in the review was that I was told that the stroller can stand up on its own but for some reason I cannot get ours to stand up. I do lean it against a wall and it will stay upright. Besides all the little things I have a problem with all in all we love the Contours Options LT Tandem stroller for all it gives us and does. The multiple seat positions, it’s light weight, folds easily, can fit in our sedan trunks, huge accessible storage basket, parent cup holder (would LOVE to see child cup holders though), easy to push around and steer, built great, ect. It’s just a great stroller even though I feel like some things can be improved on.
Are you in love yet? I hope so because I am giving one of these bad boys away!!
Disclosure: I received the featured item(s) for the purpose of the review. I did not receive any other monetary compensation. All opinions are my own and do not reflect the experience you may have.